Oil and Gas 101
The United States is at an historic turning point as a nation and its energy policies.
From the ground to the pump… or the playing field… or the medicine cabinet... each and every day Americans rely on the products created by oil and natural gas. And behind this vital product is an important story that needs to be told.
- Learning the value of oil and natural gas in fueling our way of life,
- Recognizing that energy efficiency has its benefits,
- But a rapidly growing world still needs greater supply; or
- Developing a better understanding of how company performance contributes to the average American’s retirement portfolio;
We should all know the intangibles of this irreplaceable product.
In just one 24-hour period, the oil and natural gas industry delivers:
- Enough energy to heat 80 million homes.
- 382 million gallons of gasoline to service stations, enabling 200 million drivers to get to work, take their kids to school, and take vacations-- traveling 7.5 billion road miles every day.
- 67 million gallons to airport terminals, enabling 30,000 flights to travel around the world.
- Every day, the industry employs 1.9 million people directly, and many more indirectly.